Finally its here. The 2017 Triumph Street Triple S has been one of the most awaited motorcycle in India.The Street Triple is Triumph’s highest selling motorcycle and has set a benchmark in its segment.
The earlier model Triumph offered in India was a de-tuned version and that was a big turn-of for many motorcycle enthusiast.
However this 2017 model comes without a de-tuned engine and many more features, making this one of the most value for money superbikes in India. Luckily we have had the chance of riding this motorcycle for over a month and here is a quick sneak into whats it like to ride it and whats different than the earlier model.
What we like?
1. A powerful 111bhp engine which is more smooth than your girlfriends arms.
2. Relaxed and upright seating posture makes this the best option for someone who is looking for a superbike for daily use
3. New electronics like traction control, abs, ride by wire make this motorcycle almost twise as safe to ride as compared to other bikes in segment.
4. The sweetest sounding stock exhaust gives you all the attention you ever wated from your neighbours daughter
5.The bikes power to weight ratio makes this bike so easy to manage and ride around almost anywhere. Like literally, you will volunteer to go grocery shopping just so that you get to ride the bike.
6. The attention to detail and the quality of finish on this motorcycle is at par with the 40K suit you got from Louis Vuitton.
7. With a milegae of over 22kmpl (cruising @ 120kmph) you can actually afford to eat lunch instead of just vada-pav.
8. The Stock Pireli Corsa tyres offer more grip than the dotted rubber you forgot to use.
What we don’t like?
1. Limitied options in Colors (Black/Red). Dude seriously, there are more options in a pasta sauce.
2. No TFT screen – seriously triumph, Fuck You!
3. The stock horn offered by triumph is so stupid, no one is going take you seriously in traffic.
4. Triumph accessories are 3x more expensive than the other branded products in the market. Looks like triumph take a conscious effort to keep their accessories sales as low as possible.
Whats different than the earlier Street 675?
1. Seating Posture. Comparing the bikes side by side, you will notice that in the new 765 S you sit more deeper into the bike and have to stretch out slight more than the 675.’
On the 675 you sit more on the bike and less in it. Thus while braking you have all your weight an the handle bars.
2. Hahaha… 30% more power than the earlier model. You will have power wheelies now and then.
Read also: Street Triple 675 vs Street Triple 765 S
3. New headlights and DRL. The new headlights offer far better visibility at night and a more butch look. The hadlights always stay on and thus the DRL is pointless unless you have your parking lights ON!
4. More growling exhaust and intake. The new bike has one of the best exhause we have seen on a stock sub 1000cc superbike. Like seriously, this bike sounds like no other & specially while acclerating hard, the sound of the intake, engine and exhaust work in perfect harmony and sound better than most musicians.’
5. The coolant reservoir has been shifted from the underbelly to the side, So dont worrky about the speed bumps and the iconic Indian Roads.
The new Street Triple has put triumph back in the league of the Kawasaki Z series and is actually somewhere in the teritorry of the Triumph Speed Triple. With just 60K more than the earlier bike and a 111bhp engine, this bike is finally what we Indians call Value for money. We would definately choose this motorcycle over the Z900 for day to day use.
If the older bike was a hot girl, this one is like her elder sister with bigger knockers :P.
Check out the video for a quick walk-around. Feel free to comment, do subscribe.